Job Posting: Senior Accountant
New Dawn Developments Ltd. is an organization comprised of professionals committed to providing our clients with quality housing, the latest in design and construction innovation, on time construction completion, and superior before and after sales service, all within an affordable budget.
New Dawn was founded in 1978 and has built their reputation on great customer service, quality workmanship & value, and over the last 30 years, has firmly established itself as the premier builder in the region.
New Dawn is actively involved in building in Cranbrook, Kimberley, Fernie, Sparwood, Invermere & the Panorama Ski Resort. Located in the heart of the Kootenay region of South Eastern British Columbia, our Cranbrook head office houses our management team, design centre, and warehouse operation.
If you have exceptional accounting skills, a can-do attitude & enjoy working with a team that prides itself on exciting challenges & creative problem solving skills, you may qualify for this new position that reports to the Controller.
The senior accountant will be primarily responsible for assisting the controller with completion of financial functions for the organization. With a team of support staff, the senior accountant will:
- prepare financial information & reporting for various companies, joint-ventures and special projects,
- provide backup for the controller
The Key Responsibilities:
- Record GL, AR & AP transactions relating to special projects,
- Maintain contracts, subcontracts and assist in preparations of contract changes,
- Prepare cost plus and commercial billing applications,
- Assist with payroll submissions and provide support to payroll clerks,
- Prepare miscellaneous payments and billings,
- Record receipts & prepare bank reconciliations
- Minimum five years of accounting experience with a strong knowledge of full cycle accounting including the GL, AP, AR and Payroll.
- Post-secondary education in accounting or progress towards an accounting designation considered an asset.
- Strong technical skills including expertise with computerized accounting systems and Microsoft Office applications – specifically Excel
- Experience in a construction/development related business as well as experience with SAGE 300 CRE (Timberline) would be a definite asset
- A hands-on approach with a high level of initiative and unquestionable integrity
- Competitive compensation package (commensurate with qualifications)
- An opportunity to be part of the growth of one of the most dynamic companies in our industry
- The chance to enjoy the lifestyle that only comes with living in the Rocky Mountains of British Columbia
Our company prides itself on the quality of its people. If you feel you would be an asset to our team in the role of Senior Accountant, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org in PDF or Microsoft Word format.
Please visit www.newdawndevelopments.com for more information on our company and its projects.